- Travelers, Bali Road
Professionalism, morality, excellence, quality, safety and legality are principles embodied within the rules and regulations laid down by St. Jude’s Higher Institute of Nursing & Biomedical Studies for ultimate compliance by every student
1. Females: White gown, hair scarf, hard top or sandals.
2. Male: White jacket, brown trousers, hard top shoes or sandals.
3. Both: Two white school T-shirts, white trousers.
1. Morning Devotion: 7: 45am Classes starts at 8:00am
2. Tardiness or absenteeism will attract sanctions determined by re – occurrences.
1. Fee payment schedule must be respected. Non compliance is frowned at, irrespective of the reason.
2. School fees shall be paid in to the school account. An original receipt from the bank given to the school bursary will authenticate payment.
3. Other dues such as registration, internship, graduation fees etc can be paid directly to the school bursary.
4. Fee paid in to the school bursary is non refundable or non interchangeable.
5. If a student cannot attend classes because of illness, death of a sponsor, transfer of a guardian, difficulties understanding or dismissed for any reasons, the fees are wholly forfeited.
1. The maximum amount of time tolerated for absenteeism from classes cannot exceed three (3) weeks within one semester that is; a combination of time lost for illness, fee drive or any other reasons should not exceed three (3) weeks.
2. Students who exceed these periods may not be promoted or authorized to graduate.
1. All Academic credentials such as ‘O’ level, ‘A’ level results declared as conditions for admission should be presented to the office as soon as possible.
2. Students who cannot furnish their credentials after attending classes will neither graduate nor be sent for internship.
3. Students who misrepresent the rules by declaring a higher credential, to belong to a particular program, will be demoted at the end if their credentials are not presented.
1. Exams shall be set after the last paper of GCE approx June 13th that is June 17th – 24th.
2. Students participating in GCE shall be permitted absenteeism just one week before the commencing date.
3. Students leaving before, without permission will be considered absent and that will contribute to their absenteeism record.
1. All resits of courses not validated shall be organized every year in September.
2. Resit fee is two thousand (2000) francs per paper payable to the school bursary.
3. Opportunities for resit shall be strictly restricted to a maximum of three (3) professional subjects. Failures beyond three professional subjects shall be sanctioned by the student repeating the academic year, or graduating with a diploma commemorable to your efforts of the previous year. That is, instead of a Senior Nursing Assistant, a General Nursing Assistant is granted.
4. Questions set will be different from original questions.
5. You are required to pass the resit before a grade change is made.
1. All professional courses must be validated
2. Total absences should not exceed three (3) weeks of lectures per semester. Absenteeism can result from illness, fee drive GCE time, death in family etc whatever the malaise, cumulative absenteeism cannot exceed three (3) weeks.
1. Student must have completed tuition fees.
2. All academic credentials should have been deposited in the office.
3. Midwifery and Medical Lab. Students must have validated all the required professional courses.
4. All internship fees must have been paid.
5. Placement for internship is at the school’s discretion.
6. Pregnancy, poverty, family illness, distance are excuses frowned at by authorities and of no consequence when placement for internship is done.
1. Relationship: The manifestations of extreme acts of cordiality, dating should be reserved off campus.
2. Phones: All phones should be kept on vibration and answered only during intervals between classes.
3. Infrastructure: Destruction of school property subjects a student to a fine commemorable to their frivolity.
4. Insubordination: Students should obey the prefects, teachers or administrative staff. If a student disobeys these aforementioned personalities, punishment ensures.
5. Alcohol consumption, smoking or any other derogatory act are not allowed on school premises
1. Participation on all march past, 11th of February, 20th of May is compulsory. There shall be no compensation for exercising your civil responsibilities.
2. Recalcitrant students will be punished severely.
1. Three (3) packets of gloves are required each year for use during internship.
2. This should be handed to the office before internship.
This is the required text requested by the school for each student. Students not having one will be sent out of classes.
1. Graduation fee is twenty five thousand (25,000) francs CFA. The fee covers the cost of graduation; robes, diploma, entertainment etc.
2. Students not participating will still have to pay these fees before collecting their diplomas.
3. Diplomas picked at a later date after graduation will cost the student thirty thousand (30,000) francs CFA.
In order to graduate you must meet the following requirements;
1. Absenteeism from one semester not to exceed three (3) weeks, which includes sickness, fee drive, or any other reason.
2. You must validate all professional courses taught in school.
3. You must validate all internship periods with satisfactory recommendatory testimonials from the coordinators of the industrial attachment sites.
4. Your overall conduct should be acceptable by members of the disciplinary committee.
All documents requested from the office should be given a minimum of at least five (5) working days after paying the necessary levy. Parents or students should desist from pressurizing the secretariat to produce any document immediately.
The following punishments are used and shall be commensurate to the crimes committed.
1. Manual Punishment: With cutlasses, hoes brooms etc
2. Work night-shift at hospitals affiliated with the school.
3. Suspension from classes.
1. Recommendations issued by proprietor for any purposes are done and based solely on one’s professionalism, reliability, attitude, punctuality, initiative, personal appearance and team spirit.
2. Students whose ratings deviate from excellence on these parameters will not be recommended.